Reading Education 430 has really allowed me to grow as a future educator. I have taken so many helpful things from this class. This class has allowed me to explore my own literacy and has made me realize how important the development of literacy is to students of all ages. I took the class very seriously, and will use all the knowledge I gained from it to my advantage during my internship next fall. I found all of the readings very helpful and informative and will definitely use them as references in the future.
One element of the class I really enjoyed was blogging. I had never used a blog before and find it to be a very useful tool when it comes breaking things down and being able to express what knowledge you have gained in different subject areas. By thoroughly reading each assigned reading, I was able to blog my thoughts and what I had learned from each of the articles and chapter readings. I really liked the collaborative aspect of the blogging, by reading what others thought and commenting on what they had learned. To me, this was a great way to get to know my classmates a little better, and allowed me to learn even more about all the aspects of literacy.
All in all, I learned a lot from Reading Education 430, and will use all I have learned in the near future. All the experiences presented in the class has made me a stringer student and prepared me to become an educator. I put a lot of effort in the class by reading all the assigned readings, responding and commenting on my blog, being a discussion leader, doing the inquiry project, and completing the portfolio. With all of the effort I put into the class, I think I should receive an A.
No comments:
Post a Comment